home

Saturday 10 June 2017

Reach for the Stars

This month the challenge at Mixed Media Monthly is a Year of Choices, I have chosen Reach for the Stars- I took it literal and used stars as an embellishment.

So many get choices!

I started with a background as usual, love creating a background and I love stripes so lets combine them. Start by creating stripes with painter tape, then splatter on a combination of Lindy's Tainted Love Teal, Cattail Copper Brown, Treasure Island Aqua, Afternoon Delight Demin and sprinkle on Magicals Rusty Lantern Lime.


Spray with water to blend and blur edges, sprinkle on salt and dry with a heat gun.

Once dry peel off tape.  I wish I had pressed edges tighter so i had sharper edges but c'est la vie.  Looks super fun!!!


To make the edges sharper I lined up a ruler along the stripe and inked with vintage distress ink along top and bottom.


Finished background.


Here i cut scroll gear chipboard available at my esty store BoozyBear.  Painted it with broken china distress paint, once dry lightly sand (chipboard is very delicate)


Next ink with Faded Jeans and vintage photo distress ink, the ink will settle in sanded portions- looks old and grungy.


Finally sprinkle on Burnt Umber Primary Elements and spray with water, finish by spraying entire chipboard piece with Treasure Island Aqua.  This chipboard piece is Wind Up Gear also available at my etsy store BoozyBear



Put it all together and here is what you get.  Again I used 7 Dots Studio Hazy Days paper pack along with all the those FAB die cuts.

I used pencil crayons to color on some accent stars. The cheesecloth in between layer was colored with primary elements and Lindy'd magicals.


Layering all those FAB die cuts in between paper layers.

To finish the chipboard pieces I applied glossy accents on top , adds an epoxy finish.


I also highlight stripes with pencil crayon along edges.  I really love how the stripes turned out.

Now onto the next one...

3 comments:

  1. Love, Love, LOVE this! Your chippies are amazing! Your striped background and all those lovely layers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! I think the striped background is perfect. I'd call the bleeding a happy accident. =) Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Monthly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your background is AMAZING!! I love the way it looks! Thank you so much for the inspiration and thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete